Sunday, September 11, 2011

Psalm 43 - Students please log on and respond

Psalm 43

1 Declare me innocent, O God!
Defend me against these ungodly people.
Rescue me from these unjust liars.
2 For you are God, my only safe haven.
Why have you tossed me aside?
Why must I wander around in grief,
oppressed by my enemies?
3 Send out your light and your truth;
let them guide me.
Let them lead me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you live.
4 There I will go to the altar of God,
to God—the source of all my joy.
I will praise you with my harp,
O God, my God!
5 Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God!

5 comments:

  1. What are your thoughts on this Psalm? What do you think was going on in the writer's life? Have you ever experienced these thoughts and feelings?

    I have! If I journaled more (need to work on that) I would have books full of questions for God and stories of anger and regret. There would be joy too. But this is honesty. Love this Psalm.

    Share your thoughts and check back to read those of others as well as reading new Psalms that will be posted about every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that none of the youth have responded yet so I am going to in hopes to get the ball rolling.....

    I love this psalm. I honestly feel like this has been the song of my life over the past few months. I think we often wonder why we feel as if God has tossed us aside but in reality God is still there. I love verse 3:Send out your light and your truth;
    let them guide me.
    That is my prayer over this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Declare me innocent, O God!
    Defend me against these ungodly people.
    Rescue me from these unjust liars
    i really like this verse it is what i feel alot at school i want this verse to be my prayer this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2011 has been a difficult year for our family and there are time that I have felt overwhelmed with everything. Yet I know that God is there with us and will never let anything come to us that we can't handle.
    Sometimes I have had to step back and take a deep breath and remember that God is in control and that it is his light that guides me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this verse makes me think alot about how much of the world does and doesnt know God. it applies for me at school, and i know that applies for other people too. i pray that eveyone will do their part in telling. but also let God be in control.i love God and want to do what he wants!

    ReplyDelete